Tonight's Poet Corner: A Mood In Mountains

A Mood In Mountains
by Belinda Roddie

Sipping homemade liqueur
from a shot glass, I thought about
the voices in my head, all trying
to convince me that my future
lay in smoke instead of crystal.

Still, the pear and vanilla settled
in my skull, and all at once,
I was transported to a time in my life
that felt so much simpler. I was
productive, and I was praised for it.
I was compassionate, and I was
understood for it.

I am prepared for the cold
of the next few days. I am willing
to be absorbed in an environment
I have never explored before. And
I am thrilled to indulge in luxuries
on a plate, served by people I love
dearly, whom I am so grateful
to have as my latest family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues