Tonight's Poet Corner: Purple Hair

Purple Hair
by Belinda Roddie

I'm the coolest on the spectrum now -
the kite's tail of the rainbow. Watch me
dance in the darkest rooms, where I can
be both subtle and flamboyant as fuck.

If you decide to cavort with me, be
forewarned: I am a mix of fiery red
and somber blue, the mania and the
depression wrapped up in a sticky rice ball.

You may find me edible with some soy sauce,
maybe. If you give me a chance, the flames
will subside, and the ocean's waves will
inevitable ebb. In truth, I symbolize calm.

Like the sky between the heavens and the
earth, I am a balance of God and mortals.
Once you let me into your modest life,
your sunrises and twilights will never be the same.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD

Today's OneWord: Statues