Saturday's Storyteller: Wham!halla

Wham!halla
by Belinda Roddie

As I stand with my fellow warriors in front of the doors to Wham!halla, I can already hear the clinking of tankards and the roaring of heroes.

I did not expect to fall so soon...so very soon. The seventh of the twelfth month. But here I am. Still clad in my winter armor, the bay's mist still printing its damp and dusty smell in my hair. My sword broken but gleaming at my side.

I had been careless. But I am now welcomed with drinks, feasts, and music.

And thank Odin, not the music that brought me here.

There is no Wham! in Wham!halla. But we do think of last Christmas. And how our hearts were given away for a pint of ale.

This week's prompt was brought to you by Wham!mageddon. Yep. I lost.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freeform Friday: RSD